Sempre le stesse cose
Quattro anni fa, gli USA vissero il caso di Terry Schiavo. Caso affine e simile a quello di Eluana Englaro.
Leggendo questo post di Leonardo, mi è venuto in mente una cosa trovata in un newsgroup americano. Cambiando il nome di Bush con quello di Formigoni ed alcuni particolari , direi che il ritratto della situazione è piuttosto calzante:
1) Jeb Bush, George W. Bush, and Tom Delay are all world renowned neurologists.
2) 22 successive court battles that all ended in exactly the same way means there is something wrong with the courts, not the Schindler’s case.
3) Mike is after money which is why he turned down 1 million dollars and 10 million dollars to sign over guardianship.
4) Congress and the State Legislature of Florida has nothing better to do than pry into the private medical affairs of others.
5) Pulling life support is bad in Florida when authorized by the legal next-of-kin, but pulling life support is good in Texas when you run out of money and the mother pleads not to pull the plug on her baby.
6) Medical diagnoses are best performed by watching highly editted videotape made by Randall Terry rather than in person by trained physicians.
7) Minimum wage making nursing assistants are more qualified to diagnose a persistant vegetative state than experienced neurologists.
8 ) Cerebral spinal fluid is a magical potion that can mimic the entire functions of a missing cerebral cortex.
9) 15 years in the same persistant state is not really enough time to make an accurate diagnosis.
10) A feeding tube that infuses yellow nutritional goop is not really “life support”.
11) Jesus was wrong when he said that a man and woman should leave their parents and cleave only to each other.
12) Marriage is the most sacred of all unions, except when it isn’t.
13) Interfering in a family’s private tragedy is a great reason to cut short a vacation, but getting a memo that warns a known terrorist is determine to strike inside the US is cause to relax and finish up some R&R.
14) Pro-lifers are really compassionate people which is why they are hoping that Michael Schiavo dies a horrible painful death.
15) The Supreme Court of the United States and the State Supreme Court of Florida mean “Maybe” when they are saying “No!”.
16) Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia is a bleeding heart liberal.
17) 7 Supreme Court Justices were appointed by republican presidents, so it’s Clinton’s fault.
18 ) A judge who makes rulings based on the law is obviously an atheist, liberal, democratic activist even though he is a conservative, republican, Southern Baptist.
11) The fact the Swindlers er… Schindlers made $5 million off a web site and didn’t pay one penny for medical costs shows they are only thinking of Terri.